Seven Simple Ways (to promote LETS)
- Tell a Friend – tell your community. LETS has grown mostly by word of mouth.
- Send the ‘Invite a friend’ email from your Homepage (left column, scroll down)
- Add to your Wants /Wishlists – Wants generate good responses and dreams can come true. . .
- Forward Lets Emails to your friends so they‘ll see the Wants and Offers
- LIKE & SHARE Lets Trade (Cork) on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/letstrade
- Distribute leaflets in your local cafe / club / shop /stylists / meeting place. . .
- Sign up to Twitter @LetsTrade
Volunteer Your Help
Your skills can helpmake Cork LETS a success LETS needs people with different skills, like local Admins to help –
- organise local talks, events, markets
- welcome new members
- manage accounts locally
- develop social media locally
- advertise local Wants & Offers
- distribute posters
- messaging (text) new offers/wants to local members
- invite local clubs, schools and local groups to participate
- help develop with the website / local websites
All Admins and Volunteers are rewarded @ ₵6 per hour, funds permitting. Emailcorklets@gmail.com
LETS is becoming a network of community ‘centres’ who administer LETS locally. Each node or ‘District Centre’ requires a Welcoming Officer, a Coordinator, a Community Outreach person, and Account / Information / Communication / Social Media Administrators, to do the tasks listed above. ‘Its not rocket science’.
The LETS trading network is growing in an organic way. Some nodes already have a few administrators, while others have none (for now their affairs are managed centrally).
Become a Local Coordinator
Become a Local Coordinator and you can register and assist a new trader, update his/her adverts, lodge his/her cheque(s), etc.
Here‘s what a Coordinator can do –
lodge their cheques;
post up their Wants/Offers;
print local Wants/Offerings list;
edit their profiles;
email local members;
view reports and statistics
make payments into any account;
edit their Offers/Wants;
email account details;
view local trader lists
When your Coordinator function is activated, an additional option on your Homepage will appear: ‘12. Coordinator Functions’. Sounds complicated? It‘s not. To become a Coordinator just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Invite Groups (Clubs, Schools, Charities) to Participate
Community Groups (clubs, schools, events, charities) can use LETS to fundraise Credits by gathering ‘Gift Vouchers’ from supporters; (forms are available). Fundraising Grants of up to +35% of the funds raised by your group are available. A Buddy Bonus scheme rewards clubs who recruit new LETS traders.